The Managed Payroll Centre is bound by the Privacy Act (1988) and the National Privacy Principles. This policy, and the Privacy Act, does not apply to employee records held by The Managed Payroll Centre .
Personal Information collected
As a business to business provider of services, personal information collected and maintained byThe Managed Payroll Centre generally comprises of:
- Customer name, address, contact details (including phone, fax and e-mail) and trade references;
- Names and addresses of the directors, proprietors and owners of corporate customers and any personal guarantors, which is collected as a part of our credit application processes;
- Customer credit card details;
- Reports from credit reporting agencies.
This personal information is collected for the purposes of establishing a relationship with our customers, performing the necessary credit checks in accordance with our credit application processes, providing and marketing our goods and services to customers and receiving payment for the same.
Ancillary to our core business activities, we also collect and maintain records of personal information. For example:
- Contractor name, address, licence, contact and emergency contact details which are used for the purposes of managing our various contractors in accordance with the requirements of our customers and our business requirements; and
- Potential employee resumes and contact details which are used as a part of the recruitment process for new employees.
We do not collect information about anyone's racial or ethnic background, political opinions, memberships of political associations, professional or trade associations or trade unions religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health.
Use and Disclosure of personal information
Personal information is used by The Managed Payroll Centre for its legitimate business purposes, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying you and for servicing our relationship with you.
Your contact details may also be used by us for the purposes of sending marketing correspondence to you. You may make a request to us not to receive direct marketing communications.
The Managed Payroll Centre undertakes not to sell, rent or trade personal information. We will not disclose personal information to third parties for them to market goods and services to you. We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless the use or disclosure is authorised under the National Privacy Principles. Some examples of where use or disclosure is authorised under the National Privacy Principles are:
- Where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law;
- Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety;
- Use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct;
- Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings; or
- You have consented, either expressly or impliedly, to our disclosing the information about you.
As with most business organisations, The Managed Payroll Centre relies on third party suppliers (agents) to conduct specialised activities such as mail-outs and the dispatch of Internet messages. These agents act on behalf of The Managed Payroll Centre and do not facilitate their own commercial agendas whilst processing your personal information. While personal information may be provided to these agents to enable them to perform their agreed tasks, such information remains the property of The Managed Payroll Centre at all times and the agent organisations involved may not use or disclose it for their own purposes.
Personal information quality
We seek to keep personal information that is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, contact us and we will correct it.
Personal information security
The Managed Payroll Centre is committed to keeping secure the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration.
We destroy personal information when it is no longer required by us.
Access to personal information
On request we will provide you with access to the personal information we store about you, but only to the extent we are able by law, and are required under the National Privacy Principles.
If we are unable to give you the access requested, we will, if reasonable, consider whether the use of an intermediary would allow sufficient access to meet both our needs. We will also provide you with the reasons for our inability to give you the access requested.
Under the Privacy Act we may charge for our reasonable costs in giving you access to personal information held about you.
Promotional and marketing material
We acknowledge and respect an individual’s choice to opt- out of The Managed Payroll Centre ’s direct marketing communications activities. Should you decide you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional materials from The Managed Payroll Centre please contact us in writing (via email, fax or letter), being sure to include your name, address and contact details(s), or as directed in any particular promotional material you may receive.
Changes to this statement
The Managed Payroll Centre may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time for any reason. We will publish those changes on our web site. This Privacy Statement was last amended on 1 December 2005.
Contact us about privacy
- e-mail at email@example.com
- telephone on 1300 554 381 between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday, or
- writing to the address below.
The Managed Payroll Centre Level 1, Suite 10, 330 Wattle Road, Ultimo NSW 2007